How this chapter is organized?
- Creating and Saving Graphs in R
- Generic plot types in R
- Scatter Plots
- Scatter Plot Matrices
- Box Plots
- Strip Charts: 1-D scatter Plots
- Bar Plots
- Line Plots
- Pie Charts
- Histogram and Density Plots
- QQ-plots: Quantile-Quantile plots
- Dot Charts
- R base graphical Parameters
Creating and saving graphs
- Creating graphs
- Saving graphs
- File formats for exporting plots
Read more: —> Creating and Saving Graphs in R.
Generic plot types in R
Read more: —> Generic plot types in R.
- R base scatter plot: plot()
- Enhanced scatter plots: car::scatterplot()
- 3D scatter plots
Read more: —> Scatter Plots.
Scatter plot matrices
- R base scatter plot matrices: pairs()
- Use the R package psych
Read more —> Scatter Plot Matrices.
- R base box plots: boxplot()
- Box plot with the number of observations: gplots::boxplot2()
Read more —> Box Plots.
Strip Charts: 1-D scatter Plots
Read more —> Strip Charts: 1-D scatter Plots.
- Basic bar plots
- Change group names
- Change color
- Change main title and axis labels
- Stacked bar plots
- Grouped bar plots
Read more —> Bar Plots.
- R base functions: plot() and lines()
- Basic line plots
- Plots with multiple lines
Read more —> Line Plots.
- Create basic pie charts: pie()
- Create 3D pie charts: plotix::pie3D()
Read more —> Pie Charts.
Histogram and density plots
- Create histogram plots: hist()
- Create density plots: density()
##  48.96467 56.38715 60.42221 43.27151 57.14562 57.53028
Read more —> Histogram and Density Plots.
QQ-plots: Quantile-Quantile plots
Use qqPlot() [in car package]:
Read more —> QQ-plots: Quantile-Quantile plots.
- R base function: dotchart()
- Dot chart of one numeric vector
- Dot chart of a matrix
Read more —> Dot charts.
Plot group means and confidence intervals
Read more —> Plot Group Means and Confidence Intervals.
R base graphical parameters
- Add and customize titles
- Add legends
- Add texts
- Add straight lines
- Add an axis to a plot
- Change axis scale : minimum, maximum and log scale
- Customize tick mark labels
- Change plotting symbols
- Change line types
- Change colors
Read more —> R base graphical Parameters.
This analysis has been performed using R statistical software (ver. 3.2.4).
Show me some love with the like buttons below... Thank you and please don't forget to share and comment below!!
Montrez-moi un peu d'amour avec les like ci-dessous ... Merci et n'oubliez pas, s'il vous plaît, de partager et de commenter ci-dessous!
Recommended for You!
Recommended for you
This section contains best data science and self-development resources to help you on your path.
Coursera - Online Courses and Specialization
- Course: Machine Learning: Master the Fundamentals by Standford
- Specialization: Data Science by Johns Hopkins University
- Specialization: Python for Everybody by University of Michigan
- Courses: Build Skills for a Top Job in any Industry by Coursera
- Specialization: Master Machine Learning Fundamentals by University of Washington
- Specialization: Statistics with R by Duke University
- Specialization: Software Development in R by Johns Hopkins University
- Specialization: Genomic Data Science by Johns Hopkins University
Popular Courses Launched in 2020
- Google IT Automation with Python by Google
- AI for Medicine by deeplearning.ai
- Epidemiology in Public Health Practice by Johns Hopkins University
- AWS Fundamentals by Amazon Web Services
- The Science of Well-Being by Yale University
- Google IT Support Professional by Google
- Python for Everybody by University of Michigan
- IBM Data Science Professional Certificate by IBM
- Business Foundations by University of Pennsylvania
- Introduction to Psychology by Yale University
- Excel Skills for Business by Macquarie University
- Psychological First Aid by Johns Hopkins University
- Graphic Design by Cal Arts
Books - Data Science
- Practical Guide to Cluster Analysis in R by A. Kassambara (Datanovia)
- Practical Guide To Principal Component Methods in R by A. Kassambara (Datanovia)
- Machine Learning Essentials: Practical Guide in R by A. Kassambara (Datanovia)
- R Graphics Essentials for Great Data Visualization by A. Kassambara (Datanovia)
- GGPlot2 Essentials for Great Data Visualization in R by A. Kassambara (Datanovia)
- Network Analysis and Visualization in R by A. Kassambara (Datanovia)
- Practical Statistics in R for Comparing Groups: Numerical Variables by A. Kassambara (Datanovia)
- Inter-Rater Reliability Essentials: Practical Guide in R by A. Kassambara (Datanovia)
- R for Data Science: Import, Tidy, Transform, Visualize, and Model Data by Hadley Wickham & Garrett Grolemund
- Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow: Concepts, Tools, and Techniques to Build Intelligent Systems by Aurelien Géron
- Practical Statistics for Data Scientists: 50 Essential Concepts by Peter Bruce & Andrew Bruce
- Hands-On Programming with R: Write Your Own Functions And Simulations by Garrett Grolemund & Hadley Wickham
- An Introduction to Statistical Learning: with Applications in R by Gareth James et al.
- Deep Learning with R by François Chollet & J.J. Allaire
- Deep Learning with Python by François Chollet
Want to Learn More on R Programming and Data Science?
Follow us by Email On Social Networks:
Click to follow us on Facebook and Google+ :
Comment this article by clicking on "Discussion" button (top-right position of this page)
Categories contained by this category :
Articles contained by this category :
Bar Plots - R Base Graphs
Box Plots - R Base Graphs
Creating and Saving Graphs - R Base Graphs
Dot Charts - R Base Graphs
Generic plot types in R software
Histogram and Density Plots - R Base Graphs
Line Plots - R Base Graphs
Pie Charts - R Base Graphs
Plot Group Means and Confidence Intervals - R Base Graphs
QQ-plots: Quantile-Quantile plots - R Base Graphs
Scatter Plot Matrices - R Base Graphs
Scatter Plots - R Base Graphs
Strip charts: 1-D scatter plots - R Base Graphs