How this chapter is organized?
- Creating and Saving Graphs in R
- Generic plot types in R
- Scatter Plots
- Scatter Plot Matrices
- Box Plots
- Strip Charts: 1-D scatter Plots
- Bar Plots
- Line Plots
- Pie Charts
- Histogram and Density Plots
- QQ-plots: Quantile-Quantile plots
- Dot Charts
- R base graphical Parameters
Creating and saving graphs
- Creating graphs
- Saving graphs
- File formats for exporting plots
Read more: —> Creating and Saving Graphs in R.
Generic plot types in R
Read more: —> Generic plot types in R.
- R base scatter plot: plot()
- Enhanced scatter plots: car::scatterplot()
- 3D scatter plots
Read more: —> Scatter Plots.
Scatter plot matrices
- R base scatter plot matrices: pairs()
- Use the R package psych
Read more —> Scatter Plot Matrices.
- R base box plots: boxplot()
- Box plot with the number of observations: gplots::boxplot2()
Read more —> Box Plots.
Strip Charts: 1-D scatter Plots
Read more —> Strip Charts: 1-D scatter Plots.
- Basic bar plots
- Change group names
- Change color
- Change main title and axis labels
- Stacked bar plots
- Grouped bar plots
Read more —> Bar Plots.
- R base functions: plot() and lines()
- Basic line plots
- Plots with multiple lines
Read more —> Line Plots.
- Create basic pie charts: pie()
- Create 3D pie charts: plotix::pie3D()
Read more —> Pie Charts.
Histogram and density plots
- Create histogram plots: hist()
- Create density plots: density()
##  48.96467 56.38715 60.42221 43.27151 57.14562 57.53028
Read more —> Histogram and Density Plots.
QQ-plots: Quantile-Quantile plots
Use qqPlot() [in car package]:
Read more —> QQ-plots: Quantile-Quantile plots.
- R base function: dotchart()
- Dot chart of one numeric vector
- Dot chart of a matrix
Read more —> Dot charts.
Plot group means and confidence intervals
Read more —> Plot Group Means and Confidence Intervals.
R base graphical parameters
- Add and customize titles
- Add legends
- Add texts
- Add straight lines
- Add an axis to a plot
- Change axis scale : minimum, maximum and log scale
- Customize tick mark labels
- Change plotting symbols
- Change line types
- Change colors
Read more —> R base graphical Parameters.
This analysis has been performed using R statistical software (ver. 3.2.4).
Want to Learn More on R Programming and Data Science?
Follow us by Email On Social Networks:
Click to follow us on Facebook and Google+ :
Comment this article by clicking on "Discussion" button (top-right position of this page)
Sign up as a member and post news and articles on STHDA web site.
Categories contained by this category :
Articles contained by this category :
Bar Plots - R Base Graphs
Box Plots - R Base Graphs
Creating and Saving Graphs - R Base Graphs
Dot Charts - R Base Graphs
Generic plot types in R software
Histogram and Density Plots - R Base Graphs
Line Plots - R Base Graphs
Pie Charts - R Base Graphs
Plot Group Means and Confidence Intervals - R Base Graphs
QQ-plots: Quantile-Quantile plots - R Base Graphs
Scatter Plot Matrices - R Base Graphs
Scatter Plots - R Base Graphs
Strip charts: 1-D scatter plots - R Base Graphs