The goal of this article is to show you how to add axis to a plot using R software. For this end, we’ll use the R axis() function. A simplified format of this function is :
axis(side, at=NULL, labels=TRUE)
- side : an integer indicating which side of the plot the axis is to be drawn on; Possible values are :
- 1: below
- 2: left
- 3: above
- 4: right
- at: The points at which tick-marks are to be drawn.
- labels: Texts for tick-mark labels. It can also be logical specifying whether annotations are to be made at the tick-marks.
x<-1:4; y=x*x # Example 1 plot(x, y, axes = FALSE) axis(side=1, at = 1:4, labels=LETTERS[1:4]) axis(2) # Example 2 plot(x, y, axes = FALSE) axis(side=1, at=1:4, labels=LETTERS[1:4]) axis(2) box() #- To make it look like "usual" plot
Another example is :
plot(x, y, pch=18, col="red", type="b", frame=FALSE, xaxt="n") # Remove x axis axis(1, 1:4, LETTERS[1:4], col.axis="blue") axis(3, col = "darkgreen", lty = 2, lwd = 0.5) axis(4, col = "violet", col.axis = "dark violet", lwd = 2)
This analysis has been performed using R statistical software (ver. 3.1.0).
Show me some love with the like buttons below... Thank you and please don't forget to share and comment below!!
Montrez-moi un peu d'amour avec les like ci-dessous ... Merci et n'oubliez pas, s'il vous plaît, de partager et de commenter ci-dessous!
Recommended for You!
Recommended for you
This section contains best data science and self-development resources to help you on your path.
Coursera - Online Courses and Specialization
- Course: Machine Learning: Master the Fundamentals by Standford
- Specialization: Data Science by Johns Hopkins University
- Specialization: Python for Everybody by University of Michigan
- Courses: Build Skills for a Top Job in any Industry by Coursera
- Specialization: Master Machine Learning Fundamentals by University of Washington
- Specialization: Statistics with R by Duke University
- Specialization: Software Development in R by Johns Hopkins University
- Specialization: Genomic Data Science by Johns Hopkins University
Popular Courses Launched in 2020
- Google IT Automation with Python by Google
- AI for Medicine by deeplearning.ai
- Epidemiology in Public Health Practice by Johns Hopkins University
- AWS Fundamentals by Amazon Web Services
- The Science of Well-Being by Yale University
- Google IT Support Professional by Google
- Python for Everybody by University of Michigan
- IBM Data Science Professional Certificate by IBM
- Business Foundations by University of Pennsylvania
- Introduction to Psychology by Yale University
- Excel Skills for Business by Macquarie University
- Psychological First Aid by Johns Hopkins University
- Graphic Design by Cal Arts
Books - Data Science
- Practical Guide to Cluster Analysis in R by A. Kassambara (Datanovia)
- Practical Guide To Principal Component Methods in R by A. Kassambara (Datanovia)
- Machine Learning Essentials: Practical Guide in R by A. Kassambara (Datanovia)
- R Graphics Essentials for Great Data Visualization by A. Kassambara (Datanovia)
- GGPlot2 Essentials for Great Data Visualization in R by A. Kassambara (Datanovia)
- Network Analysis and Visualization in R by A. Kassambara (Datanovia)
- Practical Statistics in R for Comparing Groups: Numerical Variables by A. Kassambara (Datanovia)
- Inter-Rater Reliability Essentials: Practical Guide in R by A. Kassambara (Datanovia)
- R for Data Science: Import, Tidy, Transform, Visualize, and Model Data by Hadley Wickham & Garrett Grolemund
- Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow: Concepts, Tools, and Techniques to Build Intelligent Systems by Aurelien Géron
- Practical Statistics for Data Scientists: 50 Essential Concepts by Peter Bruce & Andrew Bruce
- Hands-On Programming with R: Write Your Own Functions And Simulations by Garrett Grolemund & Hadley Wickham
- An Introduction to Statistical Learning: with Applications in R by Gareth James et al.
- Deep Learning with R by François Chollet & J.J. Allaire
- Deep Learning with Python by François Chollet
Want to Learn More on R Programming and Data Science?
Follow us by Email On Social Networks: